Making Home Ownership More Affordable for First-Time Buyers
GRB participates in the First Home Club (now Homebuyer Dream) and other special grant and lending programs. Our goal is to make the dream of owning a home more accessible.
GRB and the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY) work together to provide down payment assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers. The Homebuyer Dream ProgramTM provides grants of up to $20,000 towards the purchase of a home in New York. Participants provide a minimum equity contribution of $1,000.
GRB receives updates annually on the parameters of The Homebuyer Dream Program, which launches on Jan. 8, 2024. Homebuyer Dream is an allotment program, so funds are disbursed to homebuyers on a first come, first serve basis.
Contact us today to get prequalified.
Eligibility requirements for 2024
- Must be first-time homebuyers (have not owned a home individually or with a spouse in the last three years)
- Reside in and be purchasing a home in New York
- Have a household income at or below 80% of the area median income
- Complete an accredited homeownership course
- Meet the income and credit requirements for the program
- Have the minimum equity contribution of $1,000 toward purchase of the home
- Remain in the home for five years or repay a portion of the grant funds back to FHLBNY
- Up to $19,500 in grant funding is available to be applied to down payment and closing costs
- Up to $500 in grant funding is available to offset the cost of the homeownership course
* The Homebuyer Dream Program (formerly First Home Club) is a registered trademark of the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York. Please work with your GRB Mortgage Loan Originator to discuss your specific situation.
Looking for other mortgage lending options? GRB provides comprehensive home mortgage lending options.