On Thursday, May 24 the Red Cross Bloodmobile will be at Genesee Regional Bank’s Winton Road location from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. GRB is proud to partner with the American Red Cross and be a part of all they do for our community, our country and around the world. Our blood drive is important to patients in need, but the collection and distribution of blood is just a small part of all the Red Cross does:
- Every 60 seconds, 44 people in America are assisted by the American Red Cross.
- 15,500 people every day receive lifesaving Red Cross health and safety training.
- 1,000 times a day the Red Cross provides services to military members, their families and veterans.
- 190 times a day Red Cross workers help families affected by a home fire or disaster.
From a blood supply standpoint:
- Each pint of blood we collect can help save up to three lives.
- The Red Cross must collect 14,000 units of blood each day.
- The blood collected by the Red Cross helps millions of patients in over 2,400 hospitals across the country.
- 80 percent of blood donations are given at blood drives are hosted by sponsoring organizations like ours.
Appointments for the GRB Blood Drive can be made in advance by clicking here. We hope you can join us to give blood and save lives!