You might be aware of recent news headlines regarding the Heartbleed bug, which may compromise encryption used by some websites and allow for personal identification information to be stolen.
Please be assured that GRBonline and Virtual Check Deposit are not affected by the current OpenSSL vulnerability.
As a best practice, we advise our clients to be cautious and aware of the security of their personal information online. Some steps you can take to enhance your online security are:
- Change the passwords you use for your GRBonline account.
- Make sure you use unique user names and passwords for each of your online accounts.
- Protect your user name and password information. Don’t store this information next to your computer.
- Keep a close eye on your accounts. Enroll in GRBonline and check your accounts frequently.
- Protect your account information, as well as all other personal identification information, such as your Social Security number, birthdate, or any other personal information. Never provide this information to someone who contacts you by telephone or email requesting this information.
Review Online Transaction Safety for more helpful information.